Hi, everybody! My name is Jamie, and I’m a college girl with a passion for reading. If you’re a bibliophile like me, you’re in good company! On the Book Hawk, you’ll find book reviews, recommendations, and updates on my latest reads. I also post to Goodreads, so feel free to add me!
- Favorite genres: Fantasy, sci-fi, young adult, and nonfiction
- Favorite series: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling; Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo; The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson; The Witchlands by Susan Dennard; Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Favorite book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
- Book that I was surprised that I was surprised to enjoy: Kaffir Boy by Mark Mathabane. This was actually required reading in my senior year of high school. In retrospect, I’m glad it was because it helped me develop a deeper appreciation for struggles with racism and socioeconomic inequality.
- Book(s) that I’m ashamed to admit I read voluntarily: The entire Twilight Saga
- Favorite TV shows: Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Merlin (BBC), The Dragon Prince, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, The Good Place, Game of Thrones, Supernatural
- Hogwarts house: Ravenclaw through and through!
- Favorite animals: I love animals in general, but if I had pick favorites I’d choose cats (great and small), wolves, otters, and birds.
- I play the flute (my preciousssss).
- Favorite music genres: Hard rock, metal, alternative, and jazz
- Favorite movies: The Harry Potter film series of course, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Sixth Sense, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Doctor Strange
Looking to Adopt a Book Buddy?
Here’s where you can find some Wayne County shelter pets who’d love to be your best friend!
Wyandotte Animal Adoption Center – cats (Riverveiw, Allen Park, Wyandotte, and Southgate)
Don’t see anything located near you? Head to Petfinder.com and punch in your location to find a furry friend nearby, or check this list of Michigan animal shelters by county!
Please note that I cannot testify to the medical conditions of these animals and that I simply am providing these links to encourage adoption. I cannot guarantee any adoption. Please follow all guidelines at each shelter, adhere to all city ordinances, and read your applications thoroughly!